Home > For Business > Business Insurance > Workers' Compensation
BHL provides comprehensive coverage for your unique business. Please call us to ask for specific programs and solutions within your industry. Or go to “Unique Industry Solutions” for industry listings and information.
Manage Skyrocketing Workers’ Compensation Premiums!
BHL is a full service independent insurance brokerage firm with over 85 years of experience providing innovative risk management solutions to businesses and individuals. As an independent agency, we work for you, not for any specific insurance company. Our proactive approach to claim and risk management works to increase your profitability, improve your business processes and provide you with more control over your workers’ compensation programs.
7 Ways to Control Your Workers' Compensation Costs:
Want to learn if you might be due a refund or cost reduction with your current workers’ compensation program?
Recover And Control Your Workers’ Compensation Insurance Costs
- Classification Audits
We evaluate the application of workers’ compensation class codes to ensure that they are applied correctly and to your advantage. Many times, errors in classifying a business can cost that business tens of thousands of dollars in overpayments in workers’ compensation insurance premiums.
- Premium Recovery Service
Do you know that you may be able to recover substantial overpayments you might have made on your workers’ compensation premiums? Even up to six years prior? Most companies simply pay the workers’ compensation premiums as dictated by their insurance carrier each year. But in the majority of the cases we’ve audited overpayments were discovered. Not only were we able to recover these overpayments, through corrected classification, we were able to dramatically reduce their workers’ compensation premiums going forward! In one case alone, we are able to recover in excess of $400,000 in overpayments.
- Ensuring An Accurate Experience Modification Factor
Workers’ compensation experience modification (mod) factors are calculated six months after the end of your policy year. We confirm the accuracy of the data the carrier uses to determine your mod rate and negotiate to ensure that the reserves are correctly set and are not higher than they should be.
- Risk And Claim Management
Losses ultimately drive your workers' compensation costs. BHL workers' compensation specialists have decades of experience in reducing claim severity and identifying methods for preventing losses.
- Insurance Programs Dedicated To Helping Your Contain Costs
We are experts in designing workers’ compensation insurance programs with services that partner with you to reduce your real cost of insurance. Our programs can provide upfront discounts and proactive services to help develop loss prevention programs.
- Alternative Risk Financing
There are alternatives to traditional workers’ compensation insurance which provide you with more of the financial benefits of controlling your losses—even if you are already doing a very good job at containing losses! We can help you analyze, develop and implement these programs.
- Comprehensive Injury Management Process
BHL, along with affiliate Workplace Health Solutions (WHS), provide one of the most comprehensive and effective injury management programs to dramatically reduce your workers’ compensation costs. The process includes:
- EmploySmart, The Informed Hiring System to ensure you’re hiring the right people for the jobs. The primary goal of the informed hiring program is to provide your facility defensible information on an applicant’s ability to perform the job based on objective data rather than subjective reports.
- Proper handling of injured workers—treating them like pro athletes—to ensure a speedy recovery and return to work. Our unique process provides immediate communication between us, the injured worker, the employer, medical providers. All claims are triaged via a dedicated injury management coach.
- Client-specific medical network including occupational health and urgent care facilities, diagnostics, treatment specialists and physical therapy ensuring immediate attention to all injuries.
- Effective claims management that begins with industry-leading communication and proactive claims review and management, our gold-standard IME/preferred network, IMEs that support defined treatment plans and timelines for MMI, improved turn-around time for IME process, a comprehensive informed hiring system providing critical information for claims processing, and improved response and treatment times.
With BHL’s Proven workers’ compensation premium recovery service, you no longer have to watch your profits go to insurance companies!
Benefits of BHL's Premium Recovery Program
What You Don’t Know Could Be Costing You
- BHL secures refunds for clients on a contingency basis—no up-front costs, no cost if no recovery.
- There is no need to change brokers or insurance companies. BHL’s sole focus is to secure you a refund of all past premium overcharges—up to six years prior, even if you’ve been with several insurance companies!
- BHL’s premium recovery service is completely risk free and requires nearly no time or effort from you.
- The BHL staff has more than 20 years’ experience in workers’ compensation and premium recovery.
- BHL has secured recoveries for the majority of those clients represented for recovery.
Tens of Thousands Of Dollars In Found Money
Most companies simply pay the workers’ compensation premiums that are dictated each year by their insurance carrier. What you may not know is that in the majority of the cases where these premiums were audited, overpayments were discovered. Not only are any overpayments you’ve made recoverable, but with a skilled advocate, you may also dramatically reduce your workers’ compensation premiums going forward.
You Don’t Have To Take It Anymore!
- BHL has a proven track record of recovering overpayments made to insurance carriers.
- BHL successfully recovered overpayments in excess of $400,000 for one client alone.
- BHL has successfully reduced workers’ compensation premiums going forward for the majority of our clients with annual premiums in excess of $100,000.
Workers’ compensation premiums have risen 50% nationwide in the past three years—17% faster than the rate of inflation. Some businesses are getting back-to-back increases of up to 40% even if they have favorable workplace accident rates. It has been found that premiums are often incorrectly calculated based on assumptions and oversight, resulting in overcharges that can run in the tens of thousands of dollars. With BHL’s proven workers’ compensation premium recovery service you no longer have to watch your profits go to insurance companies.
You Spend No Time Or Money
There is no time or dollar investment on your part. BHL handles every detail for you.
All work is performed on a contingency fee basis: Once we have achieved a successful recovery, we bill you a percentage of that recovery value.
- BHL prepares all of the necessary documentation and paperwork.
- BHL performs a modification review and audit invoice examination.
- BHL handles all negotiations with insurance companies.
- BHL secures all refunds on your behalf.
If you don't see something
you're looking for, or have
any questions, please feel
free to call us.
Oneida (315) 363-2100
Syracuse (315) 457-1830