Home > For Business > Business Insurance > Pollution and Environmental Insurance
Pollution and Environmental Insurance
BHL provides comprehensive coverage for your unique business. Please call us to ask for specific programs and solutions within your industry. Or go to “Unique Industry Solutions” for industry listings and information.
The Need For Pollution And Environmental Insurance Is Growing
Currently there are more than one hundred different environmental insurance policies available that have been created to address various environmental risks and unique situations continue to present themselves. The risks can be huge and complex. Perhaps the starkest reminder of just how huge pollution and environmental claims can become is the Valdez oil spill in Alaska. To date Exxon has spent more than $2.2 billion on environmental clean-up and counting. Pollution and environmental risks are growing:
The Need For A Competent Advisor Has Never Been Greater
- Scientific advancements are revealing more types of pollution
- Local, state and federal regulations are increasing and becoming more stringent
- More of the financial burden for cleanup is being forced on business and individuals
- Personal liability for corporate actions is on the rise
- Litigation is increasing
- Enforcement is becoming more aggressive at the local, state and federal levels
- Political and social pressures ensure that more regulations and stronger enforcement will take place
Now, more than ever, businesses and individuals should become aware of their environmental risks and seek the help of a competent pollution and environmental nsurance advisor to provide adequate risk protection through pollution and environmental insurance. BHL pollution and environmental insurance specialists can help safeguard your assets, improve your business and protect your reputation by:
- Proactively identifying your pollution and environmental risks potentials
- Assessing and mitigating your pollution and environmental risks
- Analyzing and review business opportunities and emerging regulatory issues
- Helping you to understand complex environmental issues and their potential impact on you
- Providing analytic tools to accurately evaluate your cost and tolerance for risk
- Reviewing all insurance options and streamline negotiations with insurance carriers
- Providing outsourced risk management services
- Offering alternative innovative solutions to insurance programs
As an independent insurance agency representing your interests, BH&L has the ability to access many wholesale and retail insurance carriers that offer a wide array of environmental insurance products. Some of the products available include:
- General and Artisan Contractors Pollution Liability Insurance: Covers potentially hazardous materials on the jobsite or the release of pollutants caused by construction and remediation operations whether performed by the contractor or subcontractors. General and artisan contractors pollution liability can be expanded to include microbial matter such as mold and fungus.
- Professional and Contractor Environmental Liability Insurance: Covers environmental consultants and contractors as well as liability to the client should cleanup costs to exceed the estimate. Professional and contractor insurance programs typically include injury and property damage insurance. Contractors are advised to keep these policies in place for a period of time after the work is completed.
- Storage Tank Liability Insurance: This coverage will provide pollution cleanup on-site or off-site for the release of contaminants to the soil and groundwater from the tank either above ground or underground. Bodily injury and property damages are also covered. Storage tank pollution liability insurance policies can be utilized to meet EPA requirements.
- Pollution Legal Liability Insurance: Covers unknown pollution conditions as specified in the policy. Typically, pollution legal liability policies cover both on- and off-site pollution conditions, and include claims for bodily injury, property damage and cleanup costs.
- Brownfields Restoration and Development Insurance: Covers properties that are known to be contaminated and where remediation will take place as part of a development or restoration plan.
- Property Transfer Insurance: Property transfer insurance policies cover claims against a covered location for preexisting, unknown contamination and known contamination below reportable levels. Covers bodily injury, property damage and cleanup costs.
- Transporter Insurance: Transporter insurance covers the cost of a transporter for disposal of waste. Bodily injury, property damage and cleanup costs are covered, but known conditions, completed operations, and deliberate acts are typically not included.
- Cleanup Cost Cap or Stop Loss Insurance: A defined insurance policy that protects you against cost overruns for environmental remediation on a given project. Cleanup cost cap or stop loss coverage is limited to cleanup costs and bodily injury.
- Closure and Post Closure Insurance: Closure and post closure insurance policies are an alternative to bonds, letters of credit and trust funds. They are designed for regulated facilities such as hazardous waste treatment, storage and disposal facilities, solid waste landfills and some manufacturers.
- Secured Creditor Insurance: Secured creditor insurance is designed to cover the balance of a loan on property found to be contaminated or the cost to clean up the property, whichever is less expensive.
If you don't see something
you're looking for, or have
any questions, please feel
free to call us.
Oneida (315) 363-2100
Syracuse (315) 457-1830